Shuttle Captain - Driver
You enjoy and are energized by caring for pets. You’d do anything to help those fluffy angels! The Shuttle Captain position at PUPS Pet Club presents a unique opportunity to do what you love: caring for dogs. You will be transporting dogs in our custom doggie shuttle from one club to another as well as from our members’ homes to our clubs. When you're not “on the road”, you will get to help the team by attending to the needs of our doggy pals in daycare. The ability to offer safe, comfortable, and reliable transportation and concierge services is no less important than the ability to assure that our daycare environment is clean, fun, and enriching.
Make no bones about it. Driving is definitely going to be your top priority. We know that our members will be very appreciative of your work as they find these services to be incredibly valuable; the less time they spend arranging transportation, the more time they have to play and engage with their pups. Likewise, these services reduce member stress. The less our members stress, the better parents they can be to the pups that we get to know so well through our services -- training, grooming, overnights, walking and veterinary care.
Accelerate your career!
Once you join PUPS Pet Club, your foot is in the door of the flourishing pet care industry. At PUPS, the possibilities for professional growth are endless. All PUPS’ team members are expected to pitch in and help their fellow pet-lovers/colleagues, which means you are exposed to a number of different areas of our organization. You never know where PUPS may take you. Like to organize pets and people? Managerial or administrative opportunities may be in the future. Intrigued by our accomplished trainers? Behavioral consulting could be on the horizon. Likewise, you can get firsthand experience in areas ranging from canine health to grooming and styling.
We have considerable benefits worth “barking” about! As a PUPS’ Driver and Daycare Attendant, you will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Career coaching
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Continuing education and professional development offerings
- Health insurance
- 401 (k)
- Paid Time Off for holidays, personal and vacations
- Employee referral incentives
- Free daycare, overnights services for your pups
- Discounts on other services (including 50% off veterinary care!)
Now, what do we expect from our valued Shuttle Captains?
- Obey all traffic laws to safely transport dogs from one location to another
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the shuttle for both the interior and exterior
- Ensure the safety of the dogs at all times
- Interact and engage with dogs in an appropriate and enriching way
- Practice safe driving habits.
- Follow all state and national safety regulations and standards.
- Accurately follow routes, maps, and directions.
- Open vehicle doors and assist passengers.
- Load and unload our dogs safely, carefully, and considerately.
- Make sure that all dogs are safely secured in the shuttle
- Observe engagement and playtime among other dogs
- Properly handle our pups and facilitate play when assisting the daycare team
- Stay on schedule with pick-ups and drop-offs to assure pets are transported in a timely and responsive fashion
Our PUPS’ Driver-Daycare Attendant has a unique blend of responsibilities and, in turn, should have a combination of traits and skills. You must have an excellent driving safety record. Previous background in the animal care industry, personally or professionally, is helpful. If you don’t have a passion for pets, you probably haven’t read this far!
Due to the nature of this position, we value applicants who speak the language of “dog” and have great “human-to-human” interpersonal skills. Our drivers must be conscientious, reliable, positive, and energetic team players who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty. We are talking about dogs, after all! High school and GED graduates, and college students, are welcome to apply.